The Top 10 Reasons Your Wedding NEEDS A Magician!
Updated: Apr 28, 2018
When It comes to planning your Wedding Reception, your choice of Entertainment is one of the keystones of a memorable wedding.
You could hire a DJ for the wedding or even a band… But is that really any more memorable than having a playlist of your favorite songs?
We want to share our top 10 reasons to hire a magician for your wedding.
1. MEMORABILITY: Your guests won’t remember the flatware, or the color of the tablecloths, or the Hor’ duerves, or the drinks. (In fact, the drinks will make them forget about the reception!) So what can you do to ensure that your guest's memories of your wedding are as fond and vivid as your own? A magician is unique and unexpected, as well as interactive. That moment that something impossible happens, or the moment the magician links the bride and grooms rings together is unforgettable.
2. Break the ice: Not all of your wedding guests will know each other. Often times, guests are sat at tables with people they don’t know. magicians are masters at breaking the ice! After seeing a magician, everyone will feel more connected and the conversations start. “How did he do that?” “Where did that coin appear from?” Give your friends and family something magical to connect over!
3. You Can’t Take Home The Music, BUT…: Magicians will often give out souvenirs for your guests to take home. These items can range from Signed Playing Cards to pendulums, to items in an impossible state, like a fork bent only with the mind. These are special memories they will keep forever, and every time they see it, they will think of your special day.
4. Get the worlds BEST wedding pictures: No doubt your photographer will snap some beautiful shots of the bride and groom after the ceremony… What about great photos of the guests? Alone, your photographer is guaranteed to catch a bunch of “Listening Faces” and Distant Stares. But a Smart magician will tell your photographer to follow them. When a Magician starts performing there is laughter, faces of surprise, and genuine smiles. This is a goldmine for your photographer. A treasure trove of amazing candid shots that will be cherished in your wedding album for years!
5. Copy, Cut, Paste is a Waste: You and your spouse are unique, and your love is unique too… Should your wedding reception be anything other than that? Most receptions are indistinguishable from each other, but only in recent years has the phenomenon of wedding magicians taken off! This is an opportunity to make your reception stand out and give your guests the WOW factor!
6. Avoid the LULL-abye effect: Weddings are a mixture of moments of intense joy and love... and moments that make your guests tap their fingers and check their watch. Magicians can help quell the lulls that most weddings suffer from. While you are getting your photos taken after the reception, your guests can be treated to unforgettable, jaw-dropping magic… Or a LULL in the action, it's up to you!
7. Give your guests an Experience: For much of a wedding, your guests are an audience… Silently observing. However, when you add a magician to the mix, everything changes. Magic is inherently interactive. Whether its, “Pick a card.” or, “I’m going to read your mind.” Your guests are active participants in the entertainment. This keeps your guests lively and in the moment.
8. With magic, there is something for everyone: You could have other types of entertainment at your wedding. Perhaps a comedian or a hypnotist, maybe a psychic reader. However many people have reservations about these things. Some comedians aren’t clean, And hypnotists have a connotation all their own. However, a magician is suitable and appropriate for everyone at your wedding. From the kids to grandma, to your opinionated uncle Joe. Everyone can enjoy a magic trick.
9. No one is forced into the entertainment: The band shows up, they set up their gear and plug in their loudspeakers. The key word there being ‘Loud’. No matter where you are or who you are, if you are at the reception you are going to hear this original song about the lead singers ex. Not everybody is going to be into that song. However, if a magician approaches a table and those guests aren’t interested, the magician can move on immediately to another group. Wouldn’t you rather give your guests the option?
10. Entertainment is one of THE most important parts of your reception: Check this out, this is what some of the foremost sources on wedding planning say about entertainment. What The Experts Say About Wedding Entertainment. *These statistics were published in St. Louis Bride & Groom Magazine. Sources include Simmons, USA Today, National Bridal Service, The Knot, Brides Magazine.
“Entertainment is 5% of your Wedding Budget, but TWICE as many guests will remember your entertainment, more than anything else!” –Modern Bride Magazine
• 72% of all brides say they would have spent more time choosing their reception entertainment.
• Almost 100% say they would have spent more of their budget on the entertainment.
• During wedding planning, Brides say their highest priority is their wedding dress, attire, followed by the reception site and caterer – reception entertainment is among the least of their priorities!
• Within one week after their reception, 78% of Brides say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority!
• When asked 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the entertainment
So We've taken a look at the top ten reasons to have a magician, now what?
If you want the finest in wedding magic, it's time to book the Psychic Soulmates. Their magic is based in love and that will resonate with your guests. Anthem and Aria have been named Mentalist of the Year and were awarded the Lance Burton Award Of Excellence. You can't go wrong with these magicians! Click HERE to learn more about how they help make weddings into magical affairs and to contact them directly!
#weddingideas #weddingentertainment #weddingreception #weddingplanner #coloradowedding #weddingmagician #receptionideas #bridetobe #weddingdress #weddingcake #bridesmaids #uniquewedding #memorablewedding #weddingphotographer